Friday, August 13, 2010

Trying to Stay Cool at the Zoo

We knew our trip to the zoo would not be a cool one, but we did find several things to do there to help keep us cool! Like riding the train, playing at the splash pad, and sliding! The funniest part of the day (not at the time), was being attacked (not really, but it felt like it), by the birds. There was no one at the zoo yesterday, so I guess the birds got use to the big crowds during the summer and having lots of people to feed them. When we went in the exhibit, one landed on Pierce's shoulder and about 5 were on me and another one was pecking at my foot!



Another highlight of Pierce's week was that his new backpack came in! He loves it! I think it may big enough for him to take to Kindergarten!





3 comments:

  1. Ginger, that is hilarious about the birds! I wish someone could have taken a picture of that! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good Mommy, Ginger! Henry has been begging to go to the zoo for weeks, but I am a wimp in this heat. We'll have to meet you guys there soon! :)

    ReplyDelete