Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Overall, we had a relaxing Memorial holiday. We kicked it off after I got off work on Friday by meeting lots of friends at the pool and having pizza for dinner. It was a great way to kick off summer!
Pierce even did a little "swimming".  Well, he thought he was swimming, but it was more than he would do last year.  He did want to get in the big pool and was excited that he can now reach the bottom of the shallow end standing up.  I wanted to push him to do some swimmming since we recently did lessons but decided I didn't want to jinx pool time for the summer.   Maybe next time!  He wasn't stuck to my like a leach, so maybe swimming lessons paid off for something!
Little Grant loved the water and was not afraid one bit like Pierce was last year!
Pierce has been asking for months for us to take him to the Waffle House.  We pass it a lot, so we broke down and took him Saturday morning.  As you can see, it was a hit!  He also had lots of fun playing with his daddy outside when we got back home.  What is better than sprinkler time in your underwear?!?!

Here is his funny story from the weekend...Pierce decided that he needed to get his spiderman toolbox, take it down to the garage and put some tools in it.  He then found an old cell phone he plays with and gathered it all to ride his gator. He put the phone in the cup holder of his gator and put the toolbox in the back.  He hopped on and took off.  He suddenly stopped and said his phone was ringing, picked it up and said, "Hi Gigi...I'm ridin' my gator, I'm gonna have to call you back".    Put the phone back in his cupholder and took off!

We also got to be part of our sweet friend, Jessica's, wedding day.  I was glad to be able to attend the wedding since it was a small family wedding.  The boys loved coming afterwards to eat some of the leftovers and listen to music.  Pierce loved seeing all of the Smith family (as usual) and playing with Josh and Nicholas!  It was a fun end to our Memorial Weekend.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment