Monday, May 13, 2013

Kindergarten Kick-off

We attended Kindergarten kick-off at Pierce's new school about a week and a half ago.  He did great!!  Upon our arrival, he quickly found his name tag on the table and went with the purple apple group.  He did not seem worried about going at all, even though there were few kids that he knew.  He has no big buddies there, other than one friend from his school now.  The new kids were swept off by all the sweet Kindergarten teachers to their classrooms where they did some quick assessments on the kids.  Luckily, I recently talked to a friend that has a child there and her aunt is actually a Kindergarten teacher so she made sure to put Pierce in her group!  I was glad to know someone was looking out for him.  :)  The parents were left to listen to the faculty and staff about all of the new and exciting things they will be doing.  I barely made it through with no tears, especially when the counselor got up and started crying! 

We ended our morning with a full tour of the school, Pierce is still talking about all of the fun things he saw.  You can't tell he's excited, huh?!  I think he's counting down the days to get started!

1 comment: