Thursday, March 19, 2015

"I Can Read With My Eyes Shut"

Kids all over celebrated Dr. Seuss and his birthday several weeks ago. Pierce's school had a week long celebration for Red Ribbon Week with lots of fun activities. Special class readers came in to read, so he picked "I Can Read with My Eyes Shut" from our collection at home and I was one of the guest readers in his class.  They got to wear PJ's that day, bring a blanket, and lots of books.  They read almost the whole day, which Pierce claims is a perfect day at school!
For Career Day, he chose to dress as a football coach...complete with lots of plays, but we opted out on sending him to school with a whistle!

On Twin Day, he and Grayson dressed alike.  Being an only child, you never get to dress up with a sibling so he was excited to pretend like he had one for the day.

For Book Character Day, he dressed up like Captain Awesome!  He has loved this series of books for quite a while...although most of his friends thought he was Capt. America.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment