While in Carmel, we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was great! Here are a few photos:
....and a fun drive through Pebble Beach!
Next stop, Hearst Castle on our way down Highway 1 to Santa Barbara. I hadn't really heard of it before our trip, but it was beautiful! Probably one of my favorites from our trip! The Hearst family built it on top of this mountain with a magnificent view, so many details to the castle, along with multiple detailed"guest houses", an indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, and plenty of places to entertain guests!
Santa Barbara did not dissapoint either with it's beautiful views, great shopping, and yummy restaurants!
The view down Highway 1 was unbelievable! It was so much fun riding through this area, with the top down and stopping occasionally for pics. Of course, I was on the edge of my seat (literally) hoping we didn't drive off the edge of the clif!
Santa Monica was another fun destination. Here is a view of the popular pier, along with the historic, Georgian Hotel, that we stayed in.
Last stop (finally) was Las Vegas on our way back home. There is a lot to see and do in "Sin City"! When we arrived the temp was 106!! It was a fun 24 hours there, but I was excited to fly home and see my little prince!
A BIG thank you goes out to both of our parents for keeping/entertaining Pierce while we were gone. We would not have been able to do it without them. He did lots of swimming, spending time with family, eating, and playing outdoors. Honestly, he rarely seemed to miss us at all. I guess I'm glad in a way. I'm quite certain they were happy to sleep in past 5:30 when he was gone though!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














Looks like a wonderful trip! I have never heard of that Castle either, but that pool is amazing!!! Wow!
ReplyDelete