Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chores

Growing up, we had daily chores around my parents house. I remember at a young age, starting at 5, it was a rule to make your bed each day. It didn't have to be perfect, but you had to make it. Pierce usually helps me with our bed by pulling all the pillows off, then helping me pile them back on. Today, he got really excited, ran upstairs, and announced that he wanted to make his bed today!
He actually did a really good job! As I was making ours, he ran in the room and said, "I did it!" When he saw me smile at his work he said, "Are you so proud?" (I think because I often say, "I'm so proud of you".) And, "Am I a big helper?"  Maybe we will move onto folding the laundry, dishes, and cleaning the house soon!

1 comment:

  1. Go Pierce! I started making Henry make the bed (in exchange for allowance.) He has now decided "his arms are too tired to make the bed." So, he hasn't gotten an allowance in 2 weeks! I'm glad P has a better attitude about it! He needs to talk w/ Henry!

    ReplyDelete