Since Pierce has been in school for at least 6 weeks or more now, I guess I should post about it! The dreaded first day of Kindergarten approached and this mama couldn't believe it was already here!! The little boy was so excited it made me being sad about it diminish a little.
I was a little worried about him riding the bus home the first day but he jumped off LOVING it! I asked him what his favorite thing was about school that day and he said, "THE BUS!!!".
Pierce was much more nervous about his first day than I had anticipated he would be. He was so worried that someone would be mean to him. I gave him this little heart to put in his pocket and told him that he couldn't take it out, but if he started thinking about mommy and daddy just to reach in his pocket and grab it. It would remind him how much we love him and how proud we are of him. I asked him after school if he needed it and he said, "only two times". I asked him if he wanted to take it the next day, he said "I don't need it, but you keep it mom. If you start missing me don't forget I love you!"
Since we are well into Kindergarten now, I'm happy to report that he still loves school, adores his teacher, and has made lots of new friends. He even wishes he could go on Saturday to see all of them!

No comments:
Post a Comment