I would not have been sad at all about starting "big school" this year had I known what a wonderful year it would be! I was so, so, so sad to see it end!!! Not only because of the great year, but I knew it meant saying good bye to an amazing teacher. Mrs. Miles truly loves her students and has a gift to teach. I knew my child was loved on while he was there and she would send texts of fun pictures during their day. Pierce would be sad that he couldn't go on the weekends, and I never once had to drag him out of bed to go. We were both dreading the good byes and barely made it!
 |
| First and last day! He doesn't look like he grew much but he did, I think he looks much older too! |
 |
| His sweet teacher made memory books with photos for every single student. I couldn't hold back the tears with this note! |
 |
His teacher texted me this on the last day before carpool. She said he was crying. :( He cried all the way to the car, while I was trying to be a big girl and be strong for him, when he said "Mama, I don't want to leave", I lost it too! I think I cried half way to Auburn that day...or more.
|
So thankful for our time at SSC and the wonderful friendships we made in our short time there!! Our new school has A LOT to live up to...the bar has been set high! We are excited that football season is right around the corner, a lot of his friends are Auburn families and will be in town. We can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment