Sunday, June 19, 2011

10 Years...10 Days to Celebrate (Part 1)

On June 9th, we celebrated 10 years of marriage! To celebrate, we took a trip to California for 10 days with a stop for one night in Las Vegas (24 hours was plenty!). I think we took a crazy amount of pictures, somewhere around 600...but don't worry, I have just picked out a few!

First stop, San Francisco...lots of sight seeing, yummy food, TONS of walking, a Giants game, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, shopping at Pier 39, and Alcatraz.



I'm sure that no one else will find this picture funny, but we were dying!  There was a park near China Town and apparently, a lot of the locals go there to exercise every morning.  There were several groups of men and ladies dancing with the red fans and there was this other gentleman shall we say, "staying up on his karate!".
Our yummy anniversary dinner!
Pictures of these redwoods really do not do them justice for how extremely large they are.  It was amazing!  It helps to give you an idea in the one with me standing in front of one of them.

Napa Valley...absolutely breathtaking! 

I didn't really think that I would enjoy alcatraz, but it was fun!  We went on a night tour, you take a boat out from the docks to the island.  We walked in many places that the prisoners did and I was amazed to learn that many families lived there as well and had small children on the island.  I was surprised to see this beautiful garden that was part of it.


Inside our hotel, The Fairmont, at the top of Nob Hill.  From our room we could see a lot of the city.  And yes, San Fran is EXTREMELY hilly...I had no idea.

Next stop, Carmel...

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! Look like yall had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an amzing trip! We went to San Fran and Nappa for our 1 year anniversary and I would LOVE to go back! So glad y'all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete