Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 2012

Pierce and I headed to the pumpkin patch last week after school one day.  It was a beautiful day to be out!  I was sad that we weren't able to make our annual trip to the pumpkin patch with friends, but now that all of our kids are in school five days a week it leaves little time for fun playdates.  I'm sure Pierce would have much more enjoyed being with a friend, but I enjoyed a little alone time with him!
 The jumpy area had five huge ones to choose from and there was hardly anyone there, so no waiting at all.  I love this surfer pose as he is coming down!

 We enjoyed a train ride, hayride to the pumpkin patch, lots of jump time, and hanging out with the animals at the petting zoo!

 
 Before we left, Pierce insisted on a snack and decided he needed pumpkin pie out of all the special treats they had.  He devoured it!
 And, who knew that playing in the sand would provide so much entertainment?  I finally got tired of sitting and had to pull him away.  Of course, we have a small sandbox at our house that rarely gets used!
  
 I also realize that this will probably be our last year for a weekday trip. So sad! His schedule will not allow with Kindergarten and all next year...more sadness. Guess we will have to make it on a school trip or a crazy crowded weekend!  It makes me so thankful for this special time during such a fun time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment