Sunday, March 11, 2012

Things that warm my heart....

I want to write about this so that I will remember it....recently, there have been two different instances at church that have warmed my heart.  A friend was in Pierce's room during extended care at church and she told me that there was a new child in there.  He was by himself and Pierce went up to him and asked him why he was alone, he then told him his name was Pierce and that he could play with him!  I think one reason he may have done this is because he occasionally will go with me to work to be a peer with some of my students.  Since I work with kids with autism, I try to prep him and explain that they may not talk to him or look at him but he can still talk to them and try to play.  I guess he took it to heart!

Again, at church this morning one of the workers told me that a peer was pushing him and he looked at him and said, "Would Jesus want you to push me?"  I'm thinking if he had been at school he may not of had the same response, but I'm glad to know he had Jesus on his heart this morning!

1 comment: