We met friends from church at a local nursing home on the first official day of Christmas break from school to do some caroling. We've gone the last few years so Pierce needed no help when we got in to know what to do. This year was a huge bonus since he can read really well so the songs he didn't know he was able to follow right along!
It was a wet, rainy, and extremely cold morning and I wasn't really feeling like going, but once we were there I was so glad I did. The residents were so very happy to see all of the kids and I'm quite certain their sweet little voices made their day! Luckily, I prepped Pierce before we went in about why they were there so I didn't really get too many questions. He loved going and talked about it for a while.Not only did they sing but they gave out cards, gifts, lots of smiles, and "Merry Christmas"!



No comments:
Post a Comment